The most important thing you need to know in the period of the disease is that the muscle anabolic processes stop and the body triggers the secretion of cortisol, which is responsible for muscle breakdown, thereby performing even simple exercises may lead to an additional secretion of cortisol.
We can conclude that exercise during illness is prohibited and you not only will you destroy the muscles, but also cause substantial damage to your health. If you come after a long-lasting cold condition, after the full recovery you should refrain from training for two to three days, otherwise the training won’t be very useful.
Right after the cure you should keep a warm atmosphere around you, no matter where you are.
There a several tips for quick recovery after the Cold:
- Take high doses of vitamin C, it has been proven that in the period of disease the body needs increased amounts of the vitamin.
- Also, do not forget about taking vitamin and mineral complexes.
- Try to drink lots of water along to get rid of toxins. To speed up the recovery you require 2-3 liters of water.
- Garlic and onion are crucial in a period of illness, they contain volatile, which help the body to destroy the viral bacteria.
- You need rest during illness, stay in bed, avoid physical exercise and get plenty of sleep.